Enjoy an half day shared walking tour of the ruins
This tour starts from Naples 2 times a day, every day. The pickup will be provided from the main hotels of Naples city center and from the scheduled meeting points. After 30 minutes, you will reach Pompeii. Our archaeological guide* will greet you at the parking and will help you with the purchase of the tickets for the Pompeii archaeological site. Our guide will give you the most interesting basics about Pompeii and will show you the most important places such as the thermal baths, the frescos of the Lupanare brothel, the Macellum with its “tabernae”, famous workshops located in the commercial streets, the Basilica and the House of Faun. You will have the chance to take several photos during brief stops. In case of ongoing maintenance work of some villas or buildings for restoration, the guide will replace the visit with an alternative building. The tour inside the ruins lasts around 1 hour and half. Your exact route will depend on the crowds and weather conditions. At the end of your time in Pompeii, travel back to Naples where your tour will come to an end.
08:30 Tour Departure
09:00 Arrival in Pompeii, free time for restrooms and tickets
09:15 – 11:15 Walking tour inside the ruins
11:15 Free time for shopping
11:30 Departure from Pompeii
12:00-12:30 Arrival in Naples and drop off
Included: Roundtrip transfer from the meeting point in Naples, commentary on board, archeoguide or audioguides*, bottled water
Not included: Pompeii entrance fee (€16,00 p.p.), lunch, gratuities
Notes: *during the LOW SEASON the live guide will be provided with a minimum of 6 participants. Up to 5 participants we will provide audioguides.
– We highly recommend to arrive at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
– Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
– Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Hat and sunscreen in the summer and umbrella in case of rain.
– For the meeting point and pickup time as well, find the provided pickup list
– After having booked please contact the local supplier to arrange the meeting point and pickup time
– Pickup times start approximately 60 minutes before the tour departure
– Tour timetable may change due to traffic and/or road closures.