If you like walking, and are interested in the ancient world, this is the tour for you!
Pompeii and Herculaneum are the largest towns of the five buried by the Vesuvius eruption of 79 AD, and they are also the most fully excavated, although they were buried by the same eruption, Pompeii was covered mainly by ash, and Herculaneum by mud and lava, it is interesting to compare building techniques and life style walking round the sites, as Pompeii lived off commerce. Whereas Herculaneum was a fishing community, but by the first century it was becoming a fashionable holiday resort both towns were discovered and excavated mid-18th century.
Pick-up from your hotel or meeting point and transfer to Pompeii.
Guided visit of 2 hours showing you the main public monuments and some of the homes of the Pompeii ruins.
After the visit you will have free time at leisure for lunch before to reach the second archeological site of this tour which is Herculaneum.
Guided visit of about 2 hours showing you the main attractions of this huge ruins.
Transfer back to the hotel.
Length: approx. 8 hours tour
- Air-conditioned coach
- Authorized Tour Guide English speaking
- Entrance fee Pompeii ruins: 16,00 euro
- Entrance fee Herculaneum: 13,00 euro
- This tour is not recommended for a wheelchair user or those with walking difficulties.
- If the guide deems it appropriate, the order of the visits may change.
- Do not forget to bring ID or passport. For citizens of the European community, from 0 to 17 years the entrance in both archeologic sites is free of charge;
- From 18 to 25 years the ticket is reduced.